Biltwell Stinger Slip-On Exhaust - Details
Biltwell mini mufflers slip fit over the open ends on 1-3/4-inch O.D. custom pipes to change the look and sound of the exhaust system on your motorcycle. A perforated steel baffle tube with fiberglass wrapping inside the mini muffler can be removed to change the exhaust note.
- Custom tapered and TIG welded 16-gauge steel canister with 1.76” I.D. slip joint end
- TIG welded, stamped steel hanger bracket with Biltwell anvil marking
- Gold zinc plated 16-gauge perforated steel baffle tube with stamped and TIG welded end caps
- Fiberglass packing around removable internal baffle assembly provides additional sound muffling and inhibits sparks during backfiring
- Two finishes available: Triple chrome plating or matte black high-temperature powdercoating
Fitment: Biltwell mini mufflers fit over 1-3/4-inch O.D. open tube exhaust pipes with a minimum of 1-1/8 inch of straight tube at the end of the exhaust pipe. If your current straight pipes feature a removable baffle inside the tube end, it may be necessary to remove the baffle and associated mounting hardware to facilitate slip fitment of the Biltwell mini muffler over the tube end. Biltwell mini mufflers can be secured on the exhaust tube end with any standard P-clamp constructed for this purpose (not included), or with a Biltwell machined alloy muffler clamp. The TIG welded mounting strap on the back of the mini muffler canister provides a place to mount a bracket for custom installations.
Note: NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA END USERS- Biltwell mini mufflers are designed to fit a variety of 1977 or older and 1978 or newer motorcycles as a “replacement part” as defined by the California Air Resources Board. To be legal for operation on or off highways in the state of California, any aftermarket part falling under CARB’s replacement part definition may not eliminate or replace any original emission control component(s), such as an oxygen sensor(s), catalytic converter(s), etc. If the motorcycle you plan to customize by installing Biltwell mini muffler(s) has a catalytic converter, please understand that removing either the catalytic converter and/or any oxygen sensor(s) on the exhaust system is a violation of CARB regulations.