BRIDGESTONE MOTORCYCLE TIRE LIMITED WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty covers BRIDGESTONE brand motorcycle tires and only applies to the original purchaser and is valid if all of the following apply:
- The tire was purchased after January 1, 2010.
- The tire is of a size that is specified for use by the vehicle manufacturer or Bridgestone.
- The tire has been used only on the vehicle on which it was originally installed.
What Is Warranted And For How Long
If, before wearing down to 1/32 inch (0.8 mm) of remaining original tread depth (i.e., worn down to the top of the built-in indicators in the tread grooves), and within 4 years from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required; without proof of purchase, then 4 years from the date of manufacture — referenced by the last four digits of the DOT number), for any reason other than those excluded in the section entitled “What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover,” any eligible tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control, such tire will be replaced with an equivalent new Bridgestone tire on the basis set forth in this Limited Warranty.
What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover
- Tires with less than 1/32nd of an inch of original tread depth remaining (i.e., worn down to the top of the built-in indicators in the tread grooves).
- Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
Rapid tread wear or wear-out. Motorcycle tires have no mileage warranty.
Weather/ozone cracking after 4 years from the date of manufacture.
Ride disturbance or vibration after 1/32 inch (0.8mm) of tread wear use.
Tires with sealant, balance, or other filler material that was not originally applied or inserted by the tire manufacturer.
Tires fitted with used, damaged, or incorrect size inner tubes.
Tires purchased as used.
The consequences of new tires or repaired tires not being allowed a proper run-in/Break-in Period.
Tires purchased and normally used outside of the United States.
Tires used on motorcycles fitted with trailers.
Tires inflated with anything other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide.
- Road hazards, including, without limitation: Puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, etc.
- Improper use or operation, including, without limitation: Improper inflation pressure, overloading, tire / wheel spinning, use of an improper wheel, tire chain damage, misuse, misapplication, negligence, tire alteration, or use for racing or competition purposes.
- Insufficient or improper maintenance, including, without limitation: Wheel misalignment, improper brake adjustment, worn suspension components, improper tire mounting or demounting, tire/wheel assembly imbalance, or other vehicle conditions, defects, or characteristics.
- Contamination or degradation after purchase by petroleum products or other chemicals, fire or other externally generated heat, or water or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting or inflation.
- Improper repair. Improper repair voids this Limited Warranty.
Free Replacement Period: Motorcycle tires adjusted under this Limited Warranty will be replaced free of charge during the first 50% of tread wear or within 12 months of the date of purchase (proof of purchase required; without proof of purchase, then within 12 months from date of manufacture), whichever occurs first.
After the free tire replacement period, the tire will be replaced for a pro-rated charge. To determine the replacement price, the dealer will multiply the current dealer selling price of the tire (in effect at the time of adjustment) by 50%. The cost of mounting, balancing, and other service charges, disposal fees, or applicable taxes are payable by the consumer.
A CASH REFUND WILL NOT BE OFFERED IN LIEU OF THE ABOVE.
Where To Go For Replacement
If the tire was fitted as original equipment, it should be presented to the retailer from whom the motorcycle was purchased. With the exception of mail order tires, tires that were not fitted as original equipment may be presented to any authorized Bridgestone retailer. A mail order tire must be returned to the company from which it was ordered and the consumer must pay all associated shipping and handling costs.
- Owner is responsible for proper tire care, and lawful and prudent motorcycle operation. Part of this responsibility is maintaining proper tire inflation pressure and load as recommended by the motorcycle manufacturer and in accordance with restrictions molded on tire sidewalls. Inflation pressure should be checked frequently with a tire gauge and the tire should be regularly inspected for damage or irregular wear.
- Owner must present to any authorized Bridgestone motorcycle tire dealer or agent the tire for which he or she is seeking warranty consideration and proof of purchase. (Consult a telephone directory for the nearest authorized Bridgestone motorcycle tire dealer)
- Owner must pay all applicable dealer service charges and taxes.
- Owner must complete and sign the customer section of the Bridgestone Limited Warranty Form.
- The motorcycle on which the tire was equipped must also be available for inspection by an authorized dealer.
- Tires accepted for warranty compensation become the property of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC.
This warranty gives consumers specific legal rights, and consumers may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Conditions and Exclusions
To the extent permitted by law, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC disclaims all other warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and any liability for incidental and consequential damages, loss of time or loss of vehicle use or inconvenience. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to all consumers.
This Limited Warranty applies only to consumers actually using the tire in the United States. For warranty conditions outside the United States, see the local Bridgestone distributor.
Obligations under this policy may not be enlarged or altered by anyone.
In accordance with Federal Law, this Limited Warranty has been designated as a “Limited Warranty.” Nothing in this Limited Warranty is intended to be a representation that tire failures cannot occur. This Limited Warranty is given in the United States by Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, 535 Marriott Dr., Nashville, TN 37214.
For technical assistance or warranty adjustment questions, please call: