Oakley Fuel Cell Stephen Murray Signature Series Sunglasses - Details
More than a decade ago, the premium British import was a rising BMX rider named Stephen Murray. The lionhearted racer had already earned six UK National Championships by age 16. In the States, he took to Dirt Jumping and Freestyle with mind-blowing maneuvers like double back flips and 360 back flips. He became a three-time back-to-back X Games and Gravity Games Gold Medalist, a feat unmatched to this day. Then his life took a different track.
If you’ve ever taunted gravity, you know there’s a harsh reality that waits somewhere in the darkness of your mind. In June of 2007, it came out of the shadows. A double back flip at the BMX Dirt Finals in Baltimore ended with crushed and shattered vertebrae. Stephen was paralyzed from the shoulders down. If you think this tragedy made him give up, you sure as hell don’t know Stephen. His “Stay Strong” tattoo is crested with lions. They were earned.
Oakley is honoring Stephen with a special edition of Fuel Cell, a work of aggressive styling worthy of a warrior who knows no white flag. UK lions on the metal icons, and the graphics along the sides are styled from the inked emblem of courageous strength on Stephen’s skin.
- Durability and all day comfort with lightweight, stress resistant O Matter frame material
- Comfort and performance with the Three Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Dual lens Polaric Ellipsoid geometry
- UV protection with Plutonite lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission with Iridium lens coating
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceeds Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- Metal icon accents
- Polished Black/Black Iridium