One Industries Gamma Regime Chrome Helmet With MIPS - Details
- Motocross helmet made constructed from a pre-preg, reinforced fiberglass shell for optimal strength to weight ratio
- Feather like feel that athletes demand while not sacrificing protection
- Superior impact protection with progressive energy absorbing dual density inserts
- Increased cooling from flow through ventilation
- Easily washable and removable inner liner and cheek pads
- Plush comfort with moisture management liner
- Large peripheral visibility and great goggle fitment
- Includes One Industries MIPS brain protection system
- Meets or exceeds ECE 22.05 and DOT standards
MIPS Brain Protection System
MIPS is an advanced and efficient protection system that provides a secure environment for riders of all kinds. MIPS industry leading technology deals with "rotational violence" which is found to be the leading cause of concussion and even more severe brain injuries. It mimics the brain's own protection system. The MIPS protection system does not interfere with the helmet's existing safety property, performance, or design - adding minimal weight and less than 1mm in thickness.
When the head hits the ground at an angle the brain slides along a membrane on the inner surface of the skull, which reduces the rotational forces transmitted to the brain. The MIPS yellow Low Friction Layer (LFL) sits between the helmet's EPS and the liner. At impact there is a movement, independent of direction, between MIPS and the liner that substantially reduces the rotational force to the brain.