Shoei X-Twelve Laseca Full Face Helmet - Details
Since its introduction in 2003, the X-Eleven has been the motorcycle-racing helmet that all others are judged by. For the 2010 model year, Shoei engineers were faced with the grueling task of improving on what is already considered to be the best-performing racing helmet ever conceived. Born from racing, the all-new X-Twelve combines Shoei's 50 years of helmet building experience with the very latest technology and most advanced materials to bring you the racing helmet of the future. Throughout its history, Shoei has relied on feedback from professional racers around the globe to continually improve its products, and everything learned along the way has now culminated in the finest motorcycle racing helmet ever developed–the all-new X-Twelve!
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick Release Self-Adjusting) base plate system: Need to change from clear to tint? SHOEI's Quick Release Self-Adjusting (QRSA) base plate system includes a locking mechanism that allows you to do just that in a snap—no tools, no hassle, no problems! SHOEI's spring loaded technology featured in the QRSA eliminates the need to adjust base plates for proper sealing. Every time the shield is lowered, the spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal.
- CW-1 shield: Both wider and taller than the CX-IV that it replaces. In addition, the CW-1 shield protects SHOEI riders from 99% of the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays, and SHOEI's three dimensional injection molding process ensures distortion free vision. Another advantage of the CW-1 shield is its ability to work in conjunction with SHOEI's optional Pinlock system to deliver fog-free vision in even the most challenging conditions. The new CW-1 Pinlock lens is larger, and offers fog-free viewing to the very top of the helmet's larger eye port.
- AIM+ shell construction: SHOEI's proprietary AIM+ technology combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- 5 shell sizes: While some competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, SHOEI offers five shell sizes in the X-Twelve to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
- Aero edge 2 spoiler: helps minimize lift at high speeds, and thus wind drag from the rider and motorcycle. In addition, increased negative air pressure improves exhaust performance to help ventilate the helmet.
- Ventilation system: The X-Twelve features five (5) intake and ten (10) exhaust vents, making it the most aggressively ventilated helmet SHOEI has ever produced. Wind tunnel testing identified the very best locations and shapes of intake and exhaust ports to maximize airflow, including the suction effect that's created as low pressure air travels toward the rear of the helmet. With this in mind, the X-Twelve features Side Extractor Vents developed by SHOEI's MotoGP racing service to help clear warm, humid air from the racer's face.
- Dual-layer EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner: Dual layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- 3D max dry interior system: Fully removable, washable, and replaceable 3D Max Dry liner. SHOEI's proprietary Max Dry material has been proven to absorb and dissipate sweat two-times faster than traditional nylon interiors. In addition, the X-Twelve's interior components are three dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head.
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System): Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- Chin curtain: Can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise
- Breath Guard: Can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty from purchase date or 7 year warranty from helmet manufacture date, whichever comes first
- Snell M2010 approved