For the first time ever, the treacherous Dirt Rider Magazine Torture Test will be open to the public. In years past the hard-action event has been a tool for research and evaluation for the magazine as well as a great time for all involved. Well, this year along with the editorial staff and a host of noted off-road industry members, you too will have the opportunity to test your skills and riding acumen in a series of competitive challenges. In this one-day skills based event, contestants will be able to enter the competition and compete in the ten challenging special tests alongside the motorcycle industry and professional riders. The competition will be open to both single riders as well as teams of up to three riders and one dirt bike. The challenges will include:
1. Motocross Test: One timed lap for speed around Racetown’s main MX course.
2. Grand Prix Test: A timed 3-5 mile loop through the surrounding desert.
3. The Escargot: A continuous spiral, completed once to the center and back.
4. Extreme Barrel Challenge: A time honored challenge with a new age twist.
5. Trials: A trials course that’s timed for speed—but don’t put your motorcycle boot down.
6. EnduroCross: Rocks, logs, tires and just a sprinkling of mayhem.
7. Supercross Test: A safer take on SX that will be more challenging for the pros.
9. Dirt Rider Dash: An obstacle course so tough, we’re giving you an extra teammate to help you through!
10. The Mystery Test: ?????
The event will take place at Racetown 395 in Adelanto, CA, this Saturday November 16th. The Vet Track and other areas of Racetown will be open for riding for members of the industry and friends of Dirt Rider. Dirt Rider encourages everyone to come out and join them for this fun event—whether you compete, play-ride or just spectate.
More information can be found here: http://www.dirtrider.com/features/dirt-rider-torture-test-2013/