Chaparral Motorsports is currently seeking an individual with strong knowledge of motorcycles/and or ATVs to assist the Marketing Manager in performing the day to day duties, product maintenance required for marketing the assigned product lines and managing the assigned product lines for all channels of sales.
As the Product Marketing Assistant you will be directly responsible for:
- Coordinating with the Purchasing Manager and staff to insure that assigned product lines are on schedule to achieve sales objectives
- Responsible for providing the sales team and channels with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the motorcycle related product
- Reviewing product line marketing data to insure that our data is complete for the product set and is in line with market pricing
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the product data is kept up to date on new developments
- Working with catalog, marketing and e-commerce staffs for layout and design placement of product in catalogs, direct mail pieces, website presentations and E-Commerce opportunities
- Reviewing product lines and their performance and makes recommendation for changes
- Working with Marketing Manager to develop strategy for promotion of new product, excessive inventory or obsolete inventory
- Working with Marketing Manager to develop sales promotions and coordinate with purchasing and suppliers on implementation of promotion
- Helping with training classes for sales, customer service and technical support staff to improve product knowledge
- Keep informed on current trends, along with reading periodicals, catalogs and other sources
- Reviewing market research to anticipate competition and market trends and translate consumer attitudes for new and current products
- Working within a product content management system’s framework
- Understanding and be able to Write and Speak intelligently about all motorcycle related products
- Must possess both outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
- Must possess a keen analytical mind, be strong on planning, detail and accuracy
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Previous Merchandising or Marketing experience is preferred. Must be able to write and speak intelligently about all motorcycle related products.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.