Accepts shipments and ships product by unloading, loading, and verifying shipments.
- Receives items by unloading vehicles; accepting deliveries; unpacking containers.
- Verifies items received by inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting discrepancies.
- Documents items received by recording identifying information.
- Transfers orders received by routing or delivering items to requesting department.
- Prepares shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling containers.
- Ships items by verifying identifying information and quantity and condition of items; loading and protecting items.
- Documents items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.