Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person in a professional and courteous manner.
Retail associates use the computer to:
- Look up customer history records and enter customer information.
- Process purchases for merchandise.
- Process inventory inquiries.
- Answer customer questions and deliver customer service.
- Process customer requests for items to be ready for pick-up.
- Stamps, attaches, or changes price tags on merchandise, as required.
- Stocks, organizes and cleans storage areas and retail displays with new or transferred merchandise as needed.
- Sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Cleans display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Greets customers into the showroom, and personally assists in helping to find/identify products for purchase.
- Receives payment for parts, and bags merchandise for customer.
- Completes any follow-up necessary to ensure complete and accurate service and customer satisfaction.
- Addresses complaints and customer concerns, and bringing them to the attention of assigned Store Management for further investigation and consideration.
- When time between customers is available, attends to the Showroom daily and weekend task lists.
- Must have flexibility in work schedule.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Previous retail and cashiering experience is preferred for this position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.