Abus Granit Detecto Electronic Chain/Disc Lock - Details
The Granit Detecto 8077 12KS loop chain combination covers all your motorcycle security bases. The 8077 brake disc alarm lock, when used with the detachable 12KS loop chain offers an incredible level of security for your valuable motorcycle in areas of high theft risk.
The ABUS Granit Dectecto X-PLus 8077 brake disc lock itself is as state of the art as the machine you drive. Made from special temper hardened steel, the deceptively simple looking lock is incredibly easy to use but houses a high tech 3D alarm sensor technology wrapped in a brick of steel.
The 8077 uses an automatic brake disc recognition system, meaning that the alarm will not arm unless it is mounted onto the brake disc itself. You can carry this lock in your pocket or bag and it will not arm or sound. It comes with a compact carrying case for easy transport on the bike.
The alarm relies on ABUS's 3D motion detection technology. Once armed and on the brake disc it will detect any motion. A warning will sound before the alarm fully sounds; perfect if you've parked your bike and forgotten your alarm is still on the disc! When you (or a thief) stand your bike up while the alarm is armed it will sound a warning giving you time to unlock it before it fully sounds. Every movement is detected,whether the thief tries striking or attacking the lock, or simply tries to lift your bike into a truck and the alarm reaches at least 100 decibels when it sounds fully.
- 12mm strong loop chain has a protective fabric sleeve to protect the paint job
- Chain, bolt, lock body, and supporting elements of the locking mechanism are all made from special temper hardened steel
- Features a 13mm steel bolt
- ABUS security rating of 19 out of 20
- X-PLus cylinder provides the highest protection against manipulation and picking
- 3D Detection system means that every movement is detected
- Alarm of at least 100 decibels
- Lock can be safely transported in locked position without arming or activating thanks to the automatic brake disc recognition system that only alarms when on the disc
- A multi-colored L.E.D. and various acoustic signals inform the user about battery life, activation and armed status
- The flashing red L.E.D. acts as an additional theft deterrent
- ABUS Code Card for easy replacement/additional key ordering
- Two AAA standard batteries for the alarm are included
- Two keys included, one with L.E.D. light
Note: To limit the possibility of attacks, avoid laying the chain on or close to the ground.