Leatt GPX Trail Thoracic Pack - Details
Positioned at the rear of the Leatt-Brace, between the shoulder blades, on the para-spinal muscles surrounding your spine (and not the actual spine itself), the primary function of the thoracic (pronounced thor-as-sick) member/strut is to stop the brace rotating backwards in a crash. But thats not all its been designed to do, in fact like a crumple zone in a car, the strut has been engineered to give way under certain stresses and absorb some of the forces associated with certain impact scenarios. Its made from a carbon fiber/woven Kevlar compound, that bends without shattering, the strut is designed to break at approximately a third of the force that would otherwise be required injure your back. Several prototypes have resulted in the optimal strut size; big enough to help protect, but small enough not to restrict movement.
- Complete thoracic assembly replacement part for use with GPX Trail brace
- S/M comes with 10 degree wedge
- L/XL comes with 5 degree wedge
- Color coded rear thoracic strut angle wedges for easier angle adjustment
- Designed for the GPX Trail brace only