National Cycle VStream Sport Windshield - Details
National Cycle's VStream Windshields have turned the motorcycle windscreen world upside down - literally! National Cycle's innovative VStream Windshield gets its name from the unique shape and dimensional contours designed and engineered into the windscreen. The unique inverted "V" profile creates a quiet and comfortable riding experience unequaled by any windscreen on the market.
The typical airflow pattern of the wake from most windscreens is called a van Karman vortex. At speeds of 50-90 mph, the air swirls off the windscreen in an approximate 90-degree segment of rotation, hits the bottom of the rider's neck on the way up, and curves off the shoulder at approximately 45 degrees.
While other manufacturers offer taller screens or air spoiler tops, National Cycle designed a windscreen with airflow calculated and adjusted to quiet and comfort the rider's environment. The patented "V" shape is so quiet because it pushes this vortex out and away from the side of the rider's head, producing a quieter and more comfortable riding experience for both the rider and the passenger. Of course, with small sporty screens of different sizes, the effect on the rider will vary, but there is always a notable difference in quietness and comfort!
- Constructed of thick Lexan polycarbonate with either National Cycle's exclusive Quantum hardcoating or FMR hardcoating, depending on windscreen shape and size
- Polycarbonate material delivers outstanding impact strength - 10x's stronger than High Impact Acrylic and 20x's more impact resistant than acrylic plastic
- FMR hardcoating provides unbeatable strength, superior optical quality, and outstanding scratch resistance
- Quantum hardcoating delivers unprecedented durability and optical clarity - 10x's more scratch resistance than FMR hardcoating (measured with the Tabor Abrasion Test)
- Patented "V" shape helps push turbulent wind out and away from the side of the rider's head
- Produces a notably quieter and more comfortable riding experience for both the rider and the passenger
- VStream windshield designed as an O.E.M replacement windshield using the bike's original mounting hardware
- Sport height windshields provide chest and shoulder wind protection when riding on the highway
- Sport-Touring height windshield provide excellent chest and shoulder wind protection, yet retains a sporty appearance
- Touring height windshields are for taller riders or those wanting maximum wind protection for cold weather or long-distance riding
- Made in the USA
- DOT Approved
- Manufacturer's three-year warranty against breakage