Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ Infinite Hero Common Threads Sunglasses - Details
Sport professionals demand nothing less than the best, and we've answered their challenge for decades. World-class athletes have driven us to create innovation after innovation, including interchangeable lens designs with unbeatable optical clarity. Flak Jacket takes that to the next level with the latest in performance technology.
Oakley's partnership with the U.S. Armed Forces began in the 1980's. The alliance was formed to develop new technologies that improve the safety, performance and comfort of our soldiers. Oakley's initiative in Research and Development continues to produce combat ready equipment for those whose lives depend on their gear. We are humbled to be able to play a role in protecting our soldiers. Oakley takes great pride in offering the highest quality products to our men and women in uniform. Many of these products were only sold through limited channels, but now we are bringing these military quality products to Oakley direct to make obtaining them even easier.
- XLJ lenses extend coverage for larger faces and for those who prefer an expanded field of view
- UNOBTAINIUM-A soft hydrophilic synthetic, it increases adhesion when wet to grip better when you perspire. This makes it ideal for earsocks and nose pads in performance eyewear
- THREE-POINT FIT-A patented innovation that ensures the frame makes contact only at the bridge of the nose and the sides of the head. It holds lenses in precise optical alignment with a secure fit that eliminates the pressure points common with frames that hook the ears
- This style lets you change lenses in seconds to optimize vision in any sport environment
- Backed by decades of innovation, Oakley performance eyewear offers uncompromising protection against high-velocity and high-mass impact. The protection is a benefit of the premium materials and unique architectures of Oakley lens/frame combinations
- Improving safety, comfort and performance, Oakley HDPolarized lenses filter out 99% of reflected glare without the haze and optical distortion that can come with polarized lenses made with conventional manufacturing techniques
- O-MATTER-A stress-resistant frame material that withstands environmental extremes, it is lightweight yet highly durable. Controlled flexibility enhances impact resistance while contributing to the all-day comfort of frames made with this innovative synthetic
- PLUTONITE LENS-One of the most optically pure materials used in eyewear today, it maximizes clarity and impact resistance while filtering out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Not a coating, the UV protection is from the lens material itself
- Eye damage attributed to ultraviolet light includes cataracts, pterygium and macular degeneration. Our Plutonite lens material filters out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. The protection is from the lens material itself
- Matte Black/Black Iridium
Note: This product can expose you to Bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product