Schuberth C3- New Generation Flip-Up Helmet
The C3 is the helmet for the ultimate sporty tour. Never before was a flip-up helmet as small and compact as the new premium flip-up helmet from Schuberth.
With its successful synthesis of sportiness and comfort together with a noise level of <= 84 dB(A) at 100 km/h which has never before been achieved on the market it sets new standards. The helmet shell consists of S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre, a special glass fibre reinforced duroplastic matrix, and is produced in two helmet shell sizes.
The Outer Shell
The outer shell of the C3 PRO is offered in two helmet shell sizes and combines an aerodynamically optimal shape with excellent protection. It is manufactured using Schuberth's typical compression moulding process and thus permits great stability and a low weight.
- Shell material: Strong Fiber
- Helmet shell technology from Schuberth creates light weight helmets
- Glass Fiber with a special resin added is compressed in a vacuum at high pressure to form a helmet shell which is exceptionally strong yet lightweight
- Made of specially optimized EPS foam
- Used exclusively by Schuberth complex modular structure allows optimal shock absorption
The inner protective multi-density foam liner is designed and prduced through a spcial injection molding process to ensure optimal shock absorbing and distribution capability for maximum safety against shock trauma.
- Made of specially optimized EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam
- Complex multizone foaming allows optimal shock absorption
The innovative interior lining of the C3 is outstanding due to its excellent fit and the optimised ventilation and extraction system.
- COOLMAX pad system, removable and washableOptimized fit thanks to Max
- Fit concept fitting
- High proportion of TechSkin material
- Variable pad system ensures effective ventilation (see ventilation summer/winter)
- Hand washable up to 30 C
- Removable cheek pads
- Improved visibility = Enhanced safety in the dark
- Reflex pads embedded in the neck padding
The C3 is characterised by its strong and distortion-free chin guard.
The extremely robust chin guard locking system:
- Resists very high drag loads
- Securely joins chin section and helmet shell to form a compact unit
- Pinlock Visor
- Guaranteed condensation-free thanks to its double glazing technology
- City position
Integrated sun visor
The sun visor enables quick and individual adjustment according to light conditions. It is integrated into the helmet shell and can be swivelled.
The Patented Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.)
The patented Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.) developed by Schuberth is provided as a safety feature in every Schuberth motorcycle helmet. It ensures that provided the chinstrap is closed and correctly adjusted:
- the helmet cannot roll off the head from behind
- the risk of contact between the chin section of the helmet and the chin or throat of the rider is minimized.
- the consequences of the helmet coming into contact with the chest as the result of an accident are reduced.
The helmet also has reflective areas which improve visibility in the dark and thus contribute to your safety.
The C3 is the new generation flip-up helmet. It stands out from the crowd at all times through its advanced aerodynamics and agreeable riding characteristics. The integrated features make it ahead of its time.
C3 - New generation flip-up technology from the Schuberth wind tunnel makes your next touring journey a sheer riding pleasure.
- Aerodynamic shape
- Directionally stable
- No oscillatory tendency
- No buffeting
Acoustics/Aeroacoustics of the C3
All Schuberth motorcycle and racing helmets are developed and optimised under scientific conditions in the Schuberth wind tunnel. Owing to its outstanding aeroacoustic characteristics, the C3 is the ideal helmet for your touring journeys.
- Extremely quiet due to integrated acoustic collar and anti-noise pad
- < = 84 dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with closed machines)
- Safety principle: the reduced noise level assists the rider's concentration and attentiveness
Sound intensity is a phenomenon which can be explained logarithmically/mathematically.
- A 10 dB(A) jump in noise level is perceived by the human ear as a doubling of the noise level. Conversely a drop of 10 dB(A) is perceived as a halving of the noise level
- Physically these changes in the perceived noise level already occur at an increase or decrease of 6 dB (A)
- This means that the increase/decrease in the physical load is higher than the one perceived
Aeroacoustics are influenced by:
- The position of the helmet in the air flow, depending on the driver's size, riding posture, the motorcycle's fairing
- The fit of the helmet: differences in the anatomy of the wearer's head, neck and shoulder areas
- Change the position of the windscreen
- Close the gap at the bottom of the helmet, e.g. using a scarf
The C3 incorporates an effective and powerful ventilation system which enables up to seven litres of fresh air to be supplied per second when travelling at 100 km/h.
- Chin vent
- Variable pad system
- Visor vent
- Air intake
Summer and winter
The positioning of the pad system can be adjusted, enabling fast and easy adaptation of in-helmet head ventilation according to:
- The season
- Weather conditions
- Personal preferences
- In cold weather it often occurs that with closed air supply the motorcyclist's neck zone becomes sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs
- The concentration of carbon dioxide inside the helmet is a key safety criterion for preventing symptoms of fatigue and the thinning of breathable air
- No negative effects on health need be feared as long as the CO2 concentration remains below 3.5 %
- The maximum level of CO2 concentration at the workplace is 0.5 %
- Even when the neck zone is sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, this helmet guarantees that the CO2 concentration remains below the 0.5% limit as from a speed of approx. 30 km/h
- In cases where the helmet is completely sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, the face shield ought to be opened (city-travel position) for safety reasons when idling, for example at traffic lights, or travelling slowly
- 1,650 grams (small shell, sizes XXS-L) including integrated sun visor and acoustic collar
- D.O.T. FMVSS No. 218
U.S. Department of Transportation
This standard establishes minimum performance requirements for helmets designed for use by motorcyclists and other motor vehicle users. The DOT standard sets a level of protection that is targeted at most accidents to reduce deaths and injuries to motorcyclists and other motor vehicle users resulting from head impacts.
Compliance to FMVSS No. 218 is mandatory for motorcycle helmets in the United States and some Canadian provinces.
- ECE-R 22.05
This pre-production batch-testing standard guarantees conformity to defined safety standards in respect of impact absorption, lateral rigidity, retention system and field of vision. The ECE-R 22.05 standard is recognized by the International Motorcycling Federation (FIM), and 58 member countries of the European Union.