The S2 Full Face
With the S2 Schuberth presents newest addition to our line of premium lightweight, aerodynamic and aeroacoustic motorcycle helmets. The innovative, all-around helmet with integrated sun visor will appeal to sport, touring, and cruising riders alike.
The advanced ventilation system and integrated sun visor ensure comfort in any temperature day or night. The distinctive full circumference rim spoiler and molded back spoiler reduce drag and wind noise at higher speeds for a smooth ride. Setting the S2 in a class of its own is the integrated antenna which optimizes reception for the optional Schuberth Rider Communication System.
The outer shell of the S2 comes in two helmet shell sizes for optimum fit, combining an aerodynamically optimal shape with excellent protection. It is manufactured using Schuberth's proprietary compression molding process resulting in exceptional stability and a light weight.
- Shell material:Strong fiber
- Helmet shell technology from Schuberth results in low weight
- Pre-woven glass fiber material is compressed with a special resin in a high pressure heated vacuum mold to form the helmet shell which is exceptionally sturdy
The protective layer of special EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam is injection molded into a single multi-density piece to ensure optimal shock absorption. This complex segmentation guarantees enhanced force absorption and distribution to maximize safety.
- Made of specially optimized EPS foam
- Complex multizone foaming allows optimal shock absorption
The special inner lining of the S2 was developed according to the innovative Comfort Fit concept to ensure that the helmet fits comfortably and securely in all situations.
The combination of carefully selected COOLMAX and Thermocool materials and the additional use of Interpower coatings also make the inner lining a highly-effective moisture wicking and cooling system
- Precise setting of the chinstrap length through adjustment on both sides.
- Micro-lock ratchet lock
The silver-colored appliqués of reflective material on the neck collar of every Schuberth helmet ensure that the motorcyclist can be seen better, especially in twilight or at night.
- Improved visibility = Enhanced safety
- Enhancement of the passive safety
- Early recognition by other road users
- Injection molded for optimal clarity
- Patented "turbulators" break up windflow to eliminate noise
- Pinlock visor included, eliminates fog through the sealed double-lens technology
- "City position" for maximum ventilation in slow traffic situations
Face Shield Mechanism
- The EasyChange mechanism makes removing and replacing the face shield extremely quick and simple
- No tools required
The Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.)
The Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.) especially developed and patented by Schuberth is provided as a safety feature in every Schuberth motorcycle helmet. It ensures that provided the chinstrap is closed and correctly adjusted:
- The helmet cannot pivot off the head from behind
- The risk of contact between the chin section of the helmet and the chin or throat of the rider is minimised due to the small angle of tilt
- The consequences of the helmet coming into contact with the chest as the result of an accident are reduced
- The helmet also has Reflective areas which improve visibility in the dark and thus contribute to your safety
The S2 is specially designed for a sport touring riding position to remain stable in the air flow. The special shape of the helmet shell and the full circumference spoiler along the rim of the helmet ensure enhanced down force. The S2 creates practically no upward lift, even at higher speeds. In addition, the S2 also offers high directional stability. The buffeting is also significantly reduced on naked bikes.
- Perfected aerodynamics Upward lift = 0!
- Directionally stable
- No oscillating
- No buffeting
Acoustics/Aeroacoustics of the S2
A quiet helmet means active safety for the motorcyclist: this permits the rider to concentrate on riding – particularly at higher speeds.
Many hours in the Schuberth acoustic wind tunnel have ensured that the S2 is exceptionally quiet. The comprehensive acoustics package with optimized helmet shell, wind deflector and ergonomic shape of the neck padding make the S2 – at 85 dBA – one of the quietest helmets of all
- Aero-acoustics optimization for a helmet quiet
- Installation of a wind deflector enables the aeroacoustics and consequently the noise level to be improved still further.
- Only 85dB(A) at 60 mph (with naked bikes)
Sound intensity is a phenomenon which can be explained logarithmically/mathematically. A 10 dB(A) jump in noise level is perceived by the human ear as a doubling of the noise level. Conversely a drop of 10 dB(A) is perceived as a halving of the noise level. Physically these changes in the perceived noise level already occur at an increase or decrease of 6 dB (A). This means that the increase/decrease in the physical load is higher than the one perceived.
Aeroacoustics are influenced by:
- The position of the helmet in the air flow, depending on the driver's size and riding posture and the motorcycle's fairing
- Fit of the helmet: differences in the anatomy of the wearer's head, neck and shoulder areas
- Change the position of the fairing of the windscreen
- Close the gap at the bottom of the helmet, e.g. using a scarf
Innovative ventilation system
The S2 is equipped with an innovative Air Extraction System. The combination of multipath channels in the EPS foam liner and the head, chin and mouth ventilation ensure that fresh air is distributed efficiently throughout the entire head area. The fresh air which enters via the forehead ventilation is conducted through the inner shell's air channels well beyond the back of the head to the rear of the helmet. The low pressure prevailing at the rear of the helmet creates a siphon effect causing the interior air to be pulled in and extracted constantly through the air outlets and the special mesh fabric in the neck padding
- Head ventilation input (adjustable in multiple stages)
- Chin vent for targeted distribution of the incoming air in the helmet
The S2's powerful ventilation system
- Chin ventVariable pad system
- Face shield vent
- Adjustable top vent
- Active Air Extraction System
- EPS shell with ventilation channels
- In cold weather a helmet is sometimes sealed closed by sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs locking out the fresh air supply
- The concentration of carbon dioxide inside the helmet is a key safety criterion for preventing symptoms of fatigue and the thinning of breathable air
- No negative effects on health need be feared as long as the CO2 concentration remains below 3.5 %
- The maximum level of CO2 concentration at the workplace is 0.5 %
- Even when the neck zone is sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, this helmet guarantees that the CO2 concentration remains below the 0.5% limit as from a speed of approx. 30 km/h
- In cases where the helmet is completely sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, the face shield ought to be opened (city-travel position) for safety reasons when idling, for example at traffic lights, or travelling slowly
The S2 is by default equipped to accommodate the SCHUBERTH SRC-System S2. To guarantee ideal radio reception for you, the S2 is already equipped with two integrated
antennas to boost reception and a Bluetooth connection
- Optimum reception quality at all times
- Bluetooth antenna for wireless mobile, navigation and intercom connections to other SRC-System owners
Weight, standard and size
- Lightweight at only 1,565 grams (small shell)
- Ultra quiet at only 85 dba at 60 mph
- Available in sizes XS - XXXL (52/53cm - 64/65cm)
- The S2 is certified with both the DOT FMVSS 218 and ECE-R 22.05 motorcycle helmet safety ratings. These certifications guarantee conformity to defined safety standards in respect of impact absorption, penetration resistance, lateral rigidity, retention system