Shoei GT-Air Pendulum Full Face Helmet - Details
- The GT-Air's Dual Layer EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) Liner not only provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam, it is designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS, further enhancing the GT-Air's unmatched ventilation characteristics.
- The GT-Air's built in QSV-1 sun shield gives riders instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion. A large, easily located switch activates the 3D injection molded inner shield, and the distortion free view blocks 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays just like the CNS-1 external shield that lies ahead. Unique to the GT-Air, the forehead area of the outer shell is raised slightly to accommodate the internal sun shield, allowing for the integrity of the helmet's inner EPS liner to remain intact. The QSV-1 sun shield exceeds the ANSI Z80.3-2010 standard for nonprescription eyewear.
- Wider and taller than the CX-1V that it replaces, the CNS-1 protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays, and Shoei's 3D injection molding process ensures a distortion free view throughout the entire field of vision. Coupled with the GT-Air exclusive QR-N base plate system, shield changes and base plate function have never been smoother.
- Utilizing Shoei's wind tunnels to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, Shoei engineers equipped the GT-Air with a large lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, a strategically placed, three position upper vent for optimal air intake, and uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction, all yielding dramatically improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion.
- Thanks to time well spent in Shoei's wind tunnels, GT-Air owners will enjoy a reduction of wind noise without blocking the road's "informative sounds." In addition to optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet, a dual ridge window bead and the chin bar's "Vortex Generator" lip work together to reduce noise and manage airflow around the helmet.
- The GT-Air comes equipped with a Pinlock Fog Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence.
- Shoei's exclusive, state of the art shell forming technology incorporates the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler right into the shell of the GT-Air. Maintaining a consistent shell thickness to guarantee proper strength and weight, the GT-Air's shell integrated spoiler reduces lift and drag during high speed riding, yielding a stable, less fatiguing ride.
- The GT-Air is equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable interior system. The 3D center pad components 3D shaped to match the contours of a rider's head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction free, high speed riding. The GT-Air's multi-layer cheek pads are available in different thicknesses for a customizable fit.
- While some of Shoei's competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, Shoei offers an industry leading three shell sizes in the GT-Air to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
- Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- The chin curtain can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise.
- The breath guard can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- 5 Year Warranty from Purchase Date. 7 Year Warranty from Helmet Manufacture Date. Whichever comes first.
- Meets DOT standards
Shoei GT-Air Pendulum Full Face Helmet - Reviews
Questions and Answers
Shoei GT-Air Pendulum Full Face Helmet - Questions and Answers