Shoei Neotec Imminent Modular Helmet - Details
With the popularity of sport and adventure touring at an all time high, the advancement of the incredibly versatile modular helmet segment was a must for Shoei engineers. The Multitec's modular design was used as a backbone, analyzed with scrupulous eyes, and tweaked ever so slightly to yield the most progressive flip up helmet on the market todaythe Neotec. Boasting improved shell aerodynamics, a wider and taller field of vision, a reduction in wind noise, an internal sun shield, and a fully removable, washable and replaceable liner system, the Neotec is the next level of modular helmet design for today's hybrid motorcyclists.
- The Neotec's Dual Layer EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) Liner not only provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam, it is designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS, further enhancing the Neotec's unmatched ventilation characteristics.
- The Neotec's flip up design offers the convenience and versatility of a full face helmet that converts instantly into an open face configuration. Utilizing an enlarged lock release button to facilitate easy handling with gloves on, the Neotec's lightweight chin bar and face shield rotate with smooth precision on a single axis point, yielding the seamless versatility of a true two in one design.
- The Neotec's built in QSV-1 sun shield gives riders instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion. A large, easily located switch activates the 3D injection molded inner shield, and the distortion free view blocks 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays just like the CNS-1 external shield that lies ahead. Unique to the Neotec, the forehead area of the outer shell is raised slightly to accommodate the internal sun shield, allowing for the integrity of the helmet's inner EPS liner to remain intact. The QSV-1 sun shield exceeds the ANSI Z80.3-2010 standard for non-prescription eyewear.
- Wider and taller than the CX-1V that it replaces, the CNS-1 protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays, and Shoei's 3D injection molding process ensures a distortion free view throughout the entire field of vision. Coupled with the Neotec exclusive QR-N base plate system, shield changes and base plate function have never been smoother.
- Utilizing Shoei's wind tunnels to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, Shoei engineers equipped the Neotec with a large lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, a strategically placed, three position upper vent for optimal air intake, and uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction, all yielding dramatically improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion.
- Thanks to time well spent in Shoei's wind tunnels, Neotec owners will enjoy a reduction of wind noise without blocking the road's "informative sounds." In addition to optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet, a dual ridge window bead and the chin bar's "Vortex Generator" lip work together to reduce noise and manage airflow around the helmet.
- The Neotec comes equipped with a Pinlock EVO Fog Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence. A simple, one step installation process makes every Pinlock lens easy to install.
- Shoei's proven 360 degree Pivot Locking System is road tested and made of high quality stainless steel components to ensure a safe and secure closure when the Neotec's chin bar is in the down, locked position.
- Shoei's exclusive, state of the art shell forming technology incorporates the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler right into the shell of the Neotec. Maintaining a consistent shell thickness to guarantee proper strength and weight, the Neotec's shell integrated spoiler reduces lift and drag during high speed riding, yielding a stable, less fatiguing ride.
- The Neotec is equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable interior system. The 3D center pad components 3D shaped to match the contours of a rider's head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction free, high speed riding. The Neotec's multi-layer cheek pads are available in different thicknesses for a customizable fit.
- While some of Shoei's competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, Shoei offers an industry leading three shell sizes in the Neotec to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
- The chin curtain can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise.
- The breath guard can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- 5 Year Warranty from Purchase Date. 7 Year Warranty from Helmet Manufacture Date. Whichever comes first.
- Meets DOT standards