Shoei RF-1100 Elektro Full Face Helmet - Details
Building on the strongest pedigree in the motorcycle helmet business, Shoei is proud to introduce the RF-1100. Since its 2003 inception, the RF-1000 has enjoyed great success, but that didnt stop Shoei's world class development team from throwing out the molds to build a brand new helmet from scratch. Combining customer and dealer requests with advanced technology, modern testing practices, and over 50 years of helmet building experience, Shoei is pleased to deliver the finest sport touring helmet that money can buy. The groundbreaking RF-1100; where aggressive styling meets Shoei's unrivaled attention to detail, and the evolution of perfection is once again met.
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick Release Self-Adjusting) base plate system: Need to change from clear to tint? Shoei's Quick Release Self-Adjusting (QRSA) base plate system includes a locking mechanism that allows you to do just that in a snapno tools, no hassle, no problems! Shoei's spring loaded technology featured in the QRSA eliminates the need to adjust base plates for proper sealing. Every time the shield is lowered, the spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal.
- CW-1 shield: Both wider and taller than the CX-IV that it replaces. In addition, the CW-1 shield protects Shoei riders from 99% of the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays, and Shoei's three dimensional injection molding process ensures distortion free vision. Another advantage of the CW-1 shield is its ability to work in conjunction with Shoei's optional Pinlock system to deliver fog-free vision in even the most challenging conditions. The new CW-1 Pinlock lens is larger, and offers fog-free viewing to the very top of the helmet's larger eye port.
- AIM+ shell construction: Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- 5 shell sizes: While some competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, Shoei offers five shell sizes to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
- Shell-Integrated Spoiler: Shell forming technology created during the development of Shoei's groundbreaking VFX-W motocross helmet has allowed Shoei to eliminate the need for the plastic Aero Wing that was found on the RF-1000. This technology has allowed Shoei to incorporate the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler into the shell of the helmet, while maintaining consistent shell thickness to guarantee proper strength and weight. This shell-integrated spoiler works to reduce lift during high speed riding, just like the spoiler on a sports car.
- Ventilation system: Features three (3) intake and six (6) exhaust vents. Wind tunnel testing revealed that the optimal location for exhaust vents is actually much higher on the rear portion of the helmet's shell than originally thought. Better ventilation and aerodynamic performance is achieved by separating the spoiler and exhaust vents. The exhaust vent holes have been relocated to take better advantage of negative pressure suction, dramatically improving exhaust ventilation. SHOEI's variable ventilation system allows riders to select the perfect balance between airflow and silence.
- Dual-layer EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner: Dual layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- Interior System: Equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable 3D center pad and multi-layer cheek pads. The 3D center pad components are three dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head. This 3D fitment allows SHOEI to provide a helmet with an extremely comfortable fit, while maintaining the firm hold that is necessary for distraction-free, high-speed riding. In addition, the liner features eyeglass channels and an integrated neck pad.
- Chin curtain: Can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise
- Breath Guard: Can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty from purchase date or 7 year manufacturer's warranty from helmet manufacture date, whichever comes first
- Snell M2010 approved