Shoei X-Twelve Trajectory Full Face Helmet - Details
Born from racing, the X-Twelve combines integral feedback from professional racers around the globe with SHOEIs 50 years of helmet building experience, the very latest in technology, and the most advanced materials known to man. Track certified by the fastest riders on the planet, the X-Twelves innovative features unite to form the most progressive racing helmet on the market.
- AIM+ shell construction: SHOEI's proprietary AIM+ technology combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick Release Self-Adjusting) base plate system: Need to change from clear to tint? SHOEI's Quick Release Self-Adjusting (QRSA) base plate system includes a locking mechanism that allows you to do just that in a snapno tools, no hassle, no problems! SHOEI's spring loaded technology featured in the QRSA eliminates the need to adjust base plates for proper sealing. Every time the shield is lowered, the spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal.
- CW-1 shield: Both wider and taller than the CX-IV that it replaces. In addition, the CW-1 shield protects SHOEI riders from 99% of the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays, and our three dimensional injection molding process ensures distortion free vision. Another advantage of the CW-1 shield is its ability to work in conjunction with SHOEI's optional Pinlock system to deliver fog-free vision in even the most challenging conditions. The CW-1 Pinlock lens is larger, and offers fog-free viewing to the very top of the helmet's larger eye port.
- Aero edge 2 spoiler: helps minimize lift at high speeds, and thus wind drag from the rider and motorcycle. In addition, increased negative air pressure improves exhaust performance to help ventilate the helmet.
- Ventilation system: The X-Twelve features five (5) intake and ten (10) exhaust vents, making it the most aggressively ventilated helmet SHOEI has ever produced. Wind tunnel testing identified the very best locations and shapes of intake and exhaust ports to maximize airflow, including the suction effect that's created as low pressure air travels toward the rear of the helmet. With this in mind, the X-Twelve features Side Extractor Vents developed by our MotoGP racing service to help clear warm, humid air from the racer's face.
- Dual-layer EPS liner: Dual layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- 3D max dry interior system: Fully removable, washable, and replaceable 3D Max Dry liner. SHOEI's proprietary Max Dry material has been proven to absorb and dissipate sweat two-times faster than traditional nylon interiors. In addition, the X-Twelve's interior components are three dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head.
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System): Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- Chin curtain: Can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise
- Breath Guard: Can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- 5 year warranty from purchase date or 7 year warranty from helmet manufacture date, whichever comes first
- Snell M2010 approved